My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Monday, August 1, 2011

There's This Awesome New Roller Coaster...

You might be wondering, where is this amazing, exciting, thrilling new roller coaster? Is it scary...thrilling...heart racing? Is it super high with giant climbs and huge drops? Of course it is! You are now asking yourself, which awesome amusement park is this roller coaster inhabiting? What's the roller coaster called? Well, I will not make you wait a moment longer! This crazy new roller coaster is..........
smack dab in the middle of Las Vegas and goes by the name of Michelle's Crazy Life!


I know it might be crazy to compare my life to a roller coaster right now (geez, I know there were times in the past few years where it literally seemed like one even more so than now!), but I can't help it.  I feel like I am at a point, especially getting ready to do our 2nd IVF transfer, where I now know what is going on and how things are going to happen, so why do I feel, in a way, more anxious?! Part of me seems to be some what calmer, knowing how things will operate on that day when we go into Dr. S's office. But I think more than anything, I am even more anxious for the wait after the transfer this time, and then of course that looming pregnancy test and the post-pregnancy blood tests (because I am just going to say it, we are going to get preggers from this transfer! I feel it!).  I feel like our first transfer was a test run.  You know, like a pre-test? Something teachers like to do often just to ease the anxiety of our students.  And I feel like we passed.  We made it through and with what could even be said "with flying colors."  So, then why that icky feeling in my stomach this time, like I'm sitting at the top of the highest point of the roller coaster getting ready to let gravity take control as I soar down the other side? I should be an "old pro" this time around!

And speaking of an old pro, I really feel like I should be over being a baby during my nightly progesterone in oil shots! Nah, that would be too easy for my hubby each time.  =) I mean, I don't drag on the whining, but I definitely make it known how much it hurts for that minute or two.  LOL.  What fun is it if I can't be a little dramatic during this whole process.  For crying out loud, I have been visiting the doctor, having those oh so intimate ultrasounds, getting blood drawn, taking an abundant amount of meds and having shots in my ass for the better half of 3 months now. 

So, as the coaster starts that final slow crawl towards the top of the biggest drop, and the *clink, clink, clink* noise can be heard loud and clear, I will practice my new found breathing from yoga and find my zen place, because I know this drop is going to happen and when I finally get off the ride, I will smile big and proclaim how it was the ride of a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...