My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Monday, August 22, 2011

5w3d...That's code for so far, so good!

Moving forward! We have made it to the point where we were able to go in for our first ultrasound today. I couldn't sleep at all this morning, my tummy was doing flip flops. Definitely nerves more than excitement I think. As you can tell by the title, we are 5 weeks 3 days along.  That is exciting in the IF world, but barely a blip on the radar in the pregnancy world. Many people don't say publicly that they are pregnant until they are through the first trimester...that would mean us not saying anything for another 7 weeks.  Me keeping my mouth shut for another 7 weeks?  Ha, not sure how long I could last (clearly not long since I have decided to blog about it).

Also, I really needed today to happen.  I had this horrible feeling that we would go in and Dr. S would say there wasn't anything to see on the ultrasound (although, I am sure all my headaches and queasiness would say otherwise).  As soon as he walked in the room, he said Hi, gave me a big old smile and hand shake and then said, "You look very worried. Are you ok?"  I told him I was fine, just nervous.  He assured me that he would have known by the numbers previously if anything wasn't right. He's so sweet and reassuring.

Then we got down to business.  Dr. S just looked at the screen for a minute (which I couldn't see at this point) and said, "Well, you're definitely pregnant. And...long pause for dramatics I'm sure...there's two!" Insert an emotional burst of tears and there we are! The hubby was by my side to see when they turned the screen in our direction and asked if they were tears of happiness.  Of course they were.  I was so fearful of this one not working out like the last, I felt it hard to believe my numbers were high and rising rapidly.  I needed more reassurance.  Nothing that I guess a beautiful ultrasound can't cure!!!

So here they are, are beanies.  They are each the size of an appleseed right now.  We have another ultrasound next week to make sure there are just two, one in each sac.  =) LOL! I think we'll take this crazy enough status as it is, with 2 little beans!!!


We still have quite a ways to go!!!   We won't be REALLY in the clear until we hit 9 weeks pregnant and then Dr. S will release us to my OB/GYN. After that point, miscarriage would be less than a 2% chance.  I will eagerly get through each day saying many prayers and lots of positive thoughts. 

Grow beanies grow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...