My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Double The Odds?!

What's better than 1 shot at trying to get pregnant? 2 shots (well, technically we have a few more if this one doesn't pan out!)! And oddly enough that number has double the meaning. Today we experienced our 2nd IVF transfer. On top of that, we had 2 very good embryos transferred in!! It's been a chill 2 or so weeks since we found out our last transfer ultimately failed and we were roaring & ready to go!!



Couldn't be a better shot of me huh?!  I kind of "dressed up" for the occasion (earrings too!).  I told the hubby, "No reason not to look good when I get knocked up!"  =) There just isn't a flattering shot of me "looking good" I guess with a hair cover on.  LOL!

We felt good knowing what we were going into this time around.  Not rookies anymore!




Gotta have a feet shot right?! I just have to say, I was thankful for the booties since I haven't had a pedi in a while.  Wouldn't want Dr. S to see some bad toes (Ha! Like he is even looking there...you know you all were thinking it!) LMAO!
 
So we got to the doctor's office at 11:30 and I immediately had blood drawn.  Then I was whisked to the back room to change and get ready.  By 12:05, the hubby and I were in the Procedure Room waiting for Dr. S and the 2 nurses who assist.  I have to say, I was really jazzed for it this time.  I know I was nervous the first go around and had NO clue what to expect, but there is something to be said about having some more background knowledge about what is going to happen. 
 
Dr. S said we had two good looking embryos to be transferred.  I am waiting for him to reply to my email about what they were graded because that is a whole other bit of information I wasn't aware of asking about until this time around.  I was really excited because I actually saw them be "released" into the wild, better known as my uterus, this time on the ultrasound.  Last time, I am pretty sure I was not looking in the right place and totally missed it.  Yes, I am one of those people who really can't figure out ultrasounds to save my life.  Babies and their "bits" have to really be pointed out to me all the time.  =)  That was so exciting to me though this time.  Hubby talked to me the whole time, asking "Do you see it?"  He wanted to be sure I did this time and I DID! 
 
Now we are on to our 3 days of bedrest.  This to me (along with the waiting to take the preganancy blood test a couple weeks after the transfer) is the hardest part.  I am not the kind of person who can just SIT or LAY around for a day, let alone 3.  I mean, I think that is evident with the fact that I went to school for a few minutes the other day and was excited to walk on campus.  I know, I am a dork! But I truly feel at home in my classroom and at my wonderful school!  Lord knows, I will be begging to have this kind of down time in 3 weeks after school starts, but for now, I will pretend that I really can't wait to get back.  LOL!
 
For a second time, we find ourselves waiting.  We have 4 blood tests over the next couple of weeks and will be keeping a close eye on my numbers, especially the hCG levels. (I explain those levels a little here if you want a better understand of what we are looking for during all these blood tests.) Fingers are crossed, prayers are being said, and we will continue to take it one day and one week at a time!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck Michelle! You have the best attitude about it that I just know it will work out! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...