My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I've Been Avoiding You Haven't I?!

If you think I have been a little quiet on here and posting about kind of obscure, non-transfer related things, you are probably right.  Why?, you may ask. Well, after our successful transfer in June and that loss, I got scared.  Really that's all I can chalk it up to. It's scary putting yourself out there and having people really care about and congratulate you, and then having to explain that it didn't work out (silly thing is, I guess it's easier to do it through a blog then in person).  Duh! Now I know why they tell people to get through their first trimester before going public.  But, with that said, I feel like the IVF world is a little different because some people know you are going through the process and eventually the gig is up, you have to have some news (also, because a couple months ago I made the conscious effort to start a blog about my crazy life...note to self- if I really didn't want people knowing, I guess I wouldn't blab it on the internet.  LOL!).  =) So, with that being said, I'm sure most of you have put two and two together and realized that it's been 14 days since our 2nd transfer. And if that's the case, you are sure that we must have some news.  LOL! Well, we do.

As I have mentioned in previous posts, the most important thing after a FET (frozen embryo transfer) is the hCG levels.  Well, we have been eagerly watching mine, and let's just say, they are more impressive than the first go around. I have had 5 blood tests since our transfer and the numbers are more than doubling (that is great!).  I wish I could say I am jumping for joy, but I think my mind is taking over my heart this time around.  We have classified ourselves as cautiously happy! I am sure the caution will eventually dissipate, but that will take a little time. 



So, I figure for those of my friends who are teachers, we have all been away from school for a little too long and I am sure we all need to get back into that mindset of school.  What better to get us in that mindset than good 'ole numbers (I as an English teacher would prefer some good literature, but I figure the NY Times article in the last post could qualify as that). These are my hCG levels/numbers (and I know most of you are IVF/FET-illiterate, but I assure you, these are good numbers...high achieving numbers like me!):
Beta #1 (8/7/11-4dp5dt) - 17
Beta #2 (8/8/11-5dp5dt) - 59
Beta #3 (8/10/11-7dp5dt) - 185
Beta #4 (8/13/11-10dp5dt) - 546
Beta #5 (8/15/11-12dp5dt) - 1624

Now what? We continue to live life, relax as much as possible, and continue to be poked for more blood tests as well as prepare ourselves for some other tests coming up.  As always, I will keep you posted.  There may be a  little break here and there as school is getting ready to start, but I will not forget about those of you who are loyal followers (I'd say Thanks Mom at this point, but I don't think she has figured out how to become one of my 16 actual followers yet. hehe!). Thanks again all for the love and support! Enjoy the rest of your summer, as short as it is.  Maybe dream of a paradise like the one below to get you through your work week if your summer did not allow a hiatus from your job! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...