My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Friday, July 29, 2011

For better and for worse!

Three years ago yesterday I married the most amazing man, my best friend and my true love. It was a beautiful, amazing day! One that will always be bright in my bank of memories!


One thing I remember fondly was our vows that we chose to write on our own.  Now I know we didn't go with the traditional "To have and to hold, for better or worse, 'til death do us part..." but we definitely had that element in there (among my promising to learn how to cook more than tuna casserole and not be SUCH a bad back seat driver, to which I must say I have expanded the dinner menu enormously. =) As for the back seat driving, some things are just impossible to change!). I just think about how young (ok, younger) and naive we were then.  And on that day we joined our lives, we certainly didn't think it would take us two years of trying to conceive, and ending up down the path of IVF in our journey to start a family. But what I do know is that my husband has been there for me, no holds bar, throughout this entire journey. And that is something that can be said in vows, but it is the love that is truly shown through action! I am so grateful for him and his understanding through all of this! His support, hugs, encouraging words, gentle shot giving, has shown that he truly meant those words that were said as we stood across from each other three years ago! Thank you honey for being the most amazing husband a woman could ever ask for!

Our vows still have much to speak to as we are continuing on this journey.  We have started our second transfer cycle and will be going through another embryo transfer in the coming weeks.  I was fortunate to have a break from the gamut of hormones that I was on, but only for a week or two.  We have started them again and start the lovely progesterone shots tonight.  Oh joy! =)  We are praying hard and are very optimistic for this second try.  More than anything we are just grateful we get another chance as we are a part of the fertility clinic's study.  So, onward we venture! And hopefully one day soon I will have great news to bring to everyone.  For now, I guess everyone will just have to settle for my silly antics and babble and rants.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...