My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Friday, July 22, 2011

"We're not barren! We're reproductively challenged!"

Personality Quiz Time...Which Sex and the City character are you?
Are you the oversexed and super horny Samantha? The overbearing, slightly neurotic Miranda? The hopelessly romantic Charlotte? Or the ever lovable and witty Carrie? I certainly thought Sure, I can be a little bit of Charlotte, but I have to have some Carrie in me! Right?!  =)  I'm thinking I finally confirmed that I am more Charlotte than I really wanted to admit!

Why did I come to this realization? Did I find myself wearing pearls and reading Home and Garden magazine? No, not a chance. But what does one do with a summer off, no work, not a lot of friends in town, no commitments beyond doctors appointments and such? Well, besides reading a slew of books, movies have been keeping me some company.  I have made it my mission to watch the entire Sex and the City series through this "down time" summer and I have forgotten how much I liked the show!  And remember all those quizzes that asked, Which Sex and the City character are you? I found myself always being told I was like Charlotte.  This made me laugh, because I didn't think I was that prim and proper...but then I watched an episode last night. It was perfect.  Charlotte and Trey had been trying to get pregnant and there is a specific scene of Charlotte's butt with little bruises and marks from all the hormone shots. Holy crap...there is my summer routine right on the TV (except I have an extremely engaged and supportive hubby, and a much more flabby ass. lol!)! And as Charlotte and Trey are discussing their situation, he calls them a "barren" couple.  And I LOVE Charlotte's response.  "We're not barren. We're reproductively challenged!" This was the greatest episode.  She goes on to say how she met other "reproductively challenged" couples in their building and at the doctor's office.  It's great! Charlotte is making the most of her situation and putting it out there (in her own way) and trying to really understand the situation she finds herself in. 

Hmmm! I guess I do have more Charlotte in me than I thought! =) And I have to say, that's not bad.  She is a very optimistic, hopeful character and at this point in the "game" I feel that's what I really need to be! So, as we move into Transfer Round 2 (yup, we have decided to go ahead again for another cycle), I will put on my "Charlotte face" and keep saying my prayers and thinking positive! And I guess if all else fails, we could just put our names on a list for a Mandarin baby like Lilly. =) Gotta love Charlotte!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...