My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Oh Those Little Laws of Nature








I saw this somewhere on the internet and it got me thinking, we are all subjected to nature throughout our lives in several different ways.  And I have to believe that after a few million years, nature knows what it's doing (as well as that higher power I believe in).  But with that said, I thought I would put it out there that after the blood test on Tuesday and finding out that the pregnancy had terminated, we are doing well.  I had another blood test on Friday and Dr. S called and told me that all my levels (hCG and such) are back to zero. That's a great thing! It means we can do another transfer again if we want to. He also confirmed what he had originally thought, that I had what is called a biochemical pregnancy.  What that means is, the body terminated the pregnancy because there were most likely chromosomal abnormalities with the embryo.  Hence...the laws of nature at work.

However, this is not the end for us.  We are fortunate to be apart of a study through our doctors' office that allows us another transfer(s), with us just having to cover the cost of medications.  That is such a blessing (I'll take that snip it of costs any day)! So...what is the next step? We have a consultation with Dr. S on Tuesday to kind of get more of a run down on the transfer, what happened, what it means for future transfers, etc.  I am looking forward to it and to learning more about this process of IVF and infertility!

The crazy thing is, last Tuesday I had to stop taking all my meds immediately.  Talk about "coming down" off of them! I can totally feel the difference in a lot of things (heat flashes are back...didn't miss those, emotions are more up AND down...boy, I was really getting used to feeling "normal" there for a while!). I think my body is getting a bit of a rest though, and then I am sure we will start up the gamut of meds again soon.  Maybe then I will get back to that "normal" feeling I was starting to enjoy so much! =)

When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...