My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

A World Without Friends...

A world without friends and family would be no place to live.  The support I have is amazing.  I am so blessed and fortunate to have amazing people in my life.  This revelation of course is not new to me, but after 13+ hours of sleep and rest after my hysteroscopy yesterday, and having my awesome family and friends calling and coming over throughout the afternoon, I realized that no matter what, I have people around me to help me through life's ups and downs.  And if there is a time in one's life when support is definitely needed, it would be when going through infertility! I have such amazing, caring, and loving people on my side.  I have had women who I admire and look up to tell me that they are praying for me and understand what I am going through. That right there has such an impact on me.  And I believe that if women all together realized the amount of support there is for them as they are going through this experience, it would make such a difference! Having positive, loving thoughts and prayers around me during this time really changes my attitude about it all.  I think much more positively and feel better about what I am going through.  Best of all, I know if I do hit any low points throughout any part of this, I have strong, wonderful people around me. Thank you to all those people, you know who you are, for your love and support.  You mean the world to me!

As for the procedure, it went well.  I have to say it was quite nerve racking! I realized I have never undergone such a serious surgical procedure before.  The closest I came was having my wisdom teeth pulled and even that wasn't so serious.  My amazing friends were there to help yesterday. My husband, who is a head baseball coach, was having his season opening activities yesterday unfortunately, and couldn't be at the procedure, but I had plenty of help from some of my best friends.  It was a tag team effort all day to help me through this procedure, from a ride to school, to covering my afternoon classes, to dropping me off and picking me up, to feeding my stomach which I swore was going to eat itself, and bringing me magazines to occupy my time.  Thank you to all who helped!

The specifics of the procedure are this-after having a sonohysterogram, my fertility doctor said there was a polyp on my uterus. Thus, I would have to have the hysteroscopy to remove it and make sure any other "debris" on my uterus is removed.  I went to my OB/GYN to have this procedure done.  She said there was a possibility that what was called a polyp might just be excess skin and as it turns out, that's exactly what it was.  So I now have pictures of my uterus (that's hot!) and the excess skin has been removed.  I was quite crampy and in pain last night and into this morning, but slept it off.  I am only on the 800mg IBUPROFEN at this point (although the lortab worked wonders yesterday!) and feeling much better.  I am sure all this rest and relaxation has helped.  So now you might be asking...what's next?

I believe at this point we go back to our fertility doctor to get diagnosed and then move on with our options.  I am excited to be getting to this point in the process.  I know I have become frustrated lately with how long things seem to be taking (getting the appointment with my OB, getting the procedure done, and so on), but I know deep down that all great things take time, and that really God ultimately has this all planned out.  Hopefully, I will soon be blogging what is in store for us next! Until then, thanks again for the kind words of love and support!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...