My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

When Did My Junk Mail Change?

So, the dog and I make our daily trek to the mailbox (insert guilt here because I know I should be taking her on a longer walk!), and I find a piece of mail that just strikes me as odd.  It is from some kind of insurance company and it opens up by congratulating me on my new baby! WHAT?! That's fabulous. When did I go through the life changing nine months of pregnancy and not realize it? And where is the crying baby I supposedly have? Phew! Back to reality and thank you junk mail for helping point out the glaring fact that I'm not pregnant nor have I been yet! But then I start thinking, when did my longing for a baby go public (beyond my griping on a blog here and there?)? It's kind of like when you have a crack in your windshield and then all of the sudden you start getting tons of junk mail and fliers in your front door asking if you need your windshield repaired.

Needless to say, I have now received several pieces of mail talking about "my baby" or "baby-to-be."  I couldn't help but think, I know I haven't always received this type of junk mail. Aha! I know what I did that invited all this unsolicitated information and thinking about babies (because hey, it's not like I do it enough these days). I was trying to kill two birds with one stone so to speak. A student was doing a fundraiser for her choir and it included selling magazines. I thought, perfect, support the student and why not get a magazine that will help me possibly prepare for my future. So what did I order? Parents magazine of course. I thought I would be ahead of the game and learn some of the tricks to a smooth pregnancy and how to make baby happy once he/she becomes a part of our lives. Clearly, by ordering this magazine, I was shouting to the world (or at least to all those 3rd party companies) that I have baby on the brain!

All in all, I am ok with this junk mail. It makes me feel like maybe a baby really is in the near future. And I did tell myself on New Year's Eve as I wrote down my goals for the year that I WOULD be pregnant this year. Maybe the universe is just starting to prepare me a little more for what will hopefully be my reality some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...