My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Stop the Silence

My sister just sent me this article and I feel here would be the most appropriate place to share it considering what it talks about. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dina-roth-port/infertility-the-disease-w_b_819978.html?ref=fb&src=sp. Check it out.  It is great.  It talks about the importance of talking about infertility and how it shouldn't be this silent secret. Loved the comparison of it to breast cancer and how when something is talked about, the amazing power it has to get more support, testing, funding, etc. Wouldn't that be wonderful for this epidemic that plagues 1 in every 8 couples?! The one thing I think would be great coming from the discussion of infertility would be the coverage from insurance companies.  The amount of stress alone from having to pay for the tests and further processes of fertility treatments is crazy but to have that compounded on the stress of not getting pregnant on your own is just unbelievable. Let's start talking!

2 comments:

  1. Here's from one of those 1 in 8 couples. I hate the silent secret!!! I'm open to talk about my stupid uterus any day...maybe it will catch the hint and start behaving like a normal one should!!!! Love you Michelle...the blog is great!! I'm crossing my ovaries for you and all of us out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brittan! Here's to you girlie! I totally agree with you, if we talk about it enough maybe our freakin' uterus' will get the hint. Love you and praying for you and Benji!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...