My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Friday, March 11, 2011

My Kids on Kids

I teach English to high school students, Freshmen and Sophomores to be exact, and it is always crazy to me how curious they are about my life.  Needless to say, "my kids" I refer to are my students.  I teach 203 students throughout my day and spending 181 days with them, they are bound to know things about me aside from the fact that I am their fun, witty, and intelligent English teacher (like that little boost of myself?). Since I got married 2 1/2 years ago, my kids have been asking when the hubby and I would start a family.  This seems to be the case each year, but for some reason they seem to be a little more curious about it this year. Just today, 2 of my classes brought up the baby question (which I always skillfully dodge) and then after school I ran into a former student who asked as she was passing, "Hi! So are you pregnant yet?" My response of course was not yet, to which she said, "Well hurry up already!"

It's funny how they seem so eager to see me knocked up, but what they aren't realizing is how I'll probably be a hormonal, raging you know what.  LOL! I would say that they might be surprised to see that new side of me, but...I'm not sure that it's something that they would consider a new side they haven't seen.  =)

With the kids talking about babies in my classes, the have also brought up the fact of names.  There is always those one or two kids of course that thinks my offspring should be named after them (Luis & Rohit in this case).  It cracks me up. If only kids knew that teachers, I think of all people, have the toughest time picking out names.  We have such stigmas that follow names, and especially with 2 teachers being married, there seem to be more names than not which get veto'd because one of us has had a kid with that name, and we couldn't stand him!

I love that my kids are so excited for one day the possibility of a little mini-me running around and I really appreciate their enthusiasm about it.  One class, who I told today that they have too much information on me (right after one of the kids told me she was going to write a story about my life...I told her only if I get 50% of the royalities!), said they think I should wear a shirt when I do get pregnant  that says "Finally, I get a kid of my own." Gotta love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...