My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Vocab. Word of the Week

As I was preparing my sophomores vocabulary quizzes for this week, there was one word that jumped out at me, as I just heard it while visiting Dr. M for a follow up to my procedure from 2 weeks ago...benign. To me, this is a funny sounding word, but definitely a word that you want to hear whenever you have something sent off to pathology to be tested.  In my case, that is exactly what Dr. M said about the skin that was removed from my baby oven, otherwise known as my uterus. The guys in the white coats over at pathology also confirmed that I did have a polyp. So, I am no polyp free (yippee! Means less "debris" blocking anything thing from maybe someday soon attaching to said uterus!) and that it was self-limiting (definition for benign), meaning that it only cared about itself and wasn't spawning anymore little polyp friends to spurt up (not to say they won't on their own, but so far so good).

The fact that when I look at my vocabulary quiz for my students and think about my reproductive system throws me off a little.  I mean, who wants to think of having kids when sitting in a classroom with 38 sweaty, loud, rambunctious sophomores anyways? =) I do have to admit though, I was glad to get that clean bill of health.  It's a step in the right direction, isn't it? Now I am waiting for my next appointment with my "special" doctor, aka Dr. S who's business is infertility. That is next week and I am crossing my fingers he has news for me on what our next move is...hopefully it's a horizontal move if you know what I mean! LOL! I crack myself up! Oh geez, now that is just ridiculous. I guess I am a little tired right now...really need Spring Break to get here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...