My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Um yeah, poke me here, poke me there!

I'm four shots in (yup, the painful ones leaving bruises and knots on my butt!) and some days seem harder than others! I sat there last night kind of caught up in the pain thinking to myself, am I really having to go through all of THIS to get pregnant? I sat talking with my sister the other day and mentioned to her that I really never thought that I would just not be able to get pregnant.  I mean, everyone says it, so I guess I thought it too. I am young, healthy, in relatively good shape (ok, climbing stairs does take my breath away, but doesn't it for everyone?) and no explained reason why I can't get pregnant!

But then I really let my self pity and wallowing get to me and had that quick lame thought...Why me? Why do I have to have shots in my butt every night, and a medication regimen to rival the best nursing home inhabitant just to get pregnant? Not only that, but I find that when you are getting ready to do an IVF transfer, you are willing to do anything to ensure that it has the BEST chances for success.  With that said, I found myself sprawled out on a doctor's table this morning with around 15 acupuncture needles  in various locations from head to toe (literally, I had one in my ear, a couple in my hands, in my tummy, my legs, all the way down to my ankles and top of me feet!)!



So I find myself less than 24 hours away from my very first transfer of possibly 2 embryos (leading hopefully to a baby or two) and that nasty little devilish creature called doubt, aka fear, is peeling his way into my generally enthusiastic, positive mind! I am hoping that the exploration with acupuncture this morning (which is my 2nd experience with it actually. I went last summer for my back pain and have to admit, I felt pretty good for a few weeks after) will help center my chi and bring back my focused, positive this is going to work attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...