My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

How would you do it?

The it I am referring to is parenting. It was so interesting having a little kid in our midst for over a week and seeing a glimpse of how the hubby and I handle our roles, so to speak, as "parents."  Now, don't get me wrong, we were definitely good at auntie and uncle, but it was great to see our common beliefs and ideas of how to handle certain situations take form.  Not many people get to do that before welcoming their own children into the world (ok, maybe those with large families and lots of babies around do, but neither the hubby or I grew up with lots of babies/little kids around). Plus, it was the first time, aside from quick family visits over holidays and such to be around our nephew for a long extended period of time.

The best part was watching my hubby in action. What an amazing man! He is going to be a great father some day and I have always known this, but it was truly the first time seeing him in action for more than just a couple of hours of visiting. He is so gentle and caring and was fantastic with my nephew.  He jumps right up to play with him and to amuse my nephew.  I loved it! 

The biggest question throughout the whole experience was How would we do/handle that with our own children? because of course, we were just reinforcing my sister and brother-in-law's expectations. But it really made us wonder how we would approach certain situations and among other things, discipline. I was grateful for the 9 days we had with our little man, but even more grateful for the experience of looking into my husband and I as parents in the making! It was the greatest start to our summer and one I hope to share with both nephews in future summers to come!

Ultimately, this leads me to my question(s) for all of you (those who for some reason have found yourself sucked into my little blog and thanks by the way). What do you consider your parenting style? Are you a very hands on parent? Do you believe in spanking (we didn't spank my nephew in case you were worried, but it is something I wonder about with regards to our own children, and something I experience a couple times growing up...but is it a thing of the past?)? Should I worry about my anal personality when I have children? Are you more laid back with raising your own kids? Does that more laid back personality come with a second child?  I am just curious.  How did your world/mindset/beliefs change once your little one(s) finally come into the world??


Of course, being Auntie means doing all the fun things!
Hope you loved your trip to Vegas little man!
 One last note, and completely off subject, we start progesterone in oil shots tonight! Haven't had a good shot in the ass in about a month, so I am a little nervous again.  Eek! Transfer is still on for this coming Thursday. Keep y'all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...