My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Little Visitor

For the past 9 days we have had such a wonderful treat, my 5 year old nephew visiting! It has been a whirlwind of excitement and energy, that is for sure! I have to say, I think 5 was the perfect age to have him stay with us 7 hours away from home.  He was such a great little visitor! And boy did we have fun! The hubby and I were able to experience so much about the city of Las Vegas we hadn't before, and even more so through a child's eyes.

We went to 2 baseball games (AAA ball, but still fun) including one with the Las Vegas 51s playing the Reno Aces, my nephew's "home team" so to speak. We discovered the Natural History Museum (cool dinosaurs and Egypt exhibit), saw a couple of $1 movies at the theater to beat the summer heat, went swimming, played on the slip-n-slide, walked the pup every morning, and he even got to go with Uncle to football practice for a couple of mornings! It was a successful visit, and one I feel that he will remember for a long time!





This however is the part where I have to give a kudos to all my mommy friends out there.  I am not going to lie. Hanging with this 5 year old for just 9 days was beyond exhausting! He never stopped (well, not until bed time which seemed to come between 7:30 and 8:30 for the most part). And the kicker was, this little guy is a human alarm clock! He was guaranteed to be in our room saying good morning, playing with our pup or kitty in between 5:30AM and 5:45AM! =) Now, I have to admit, he totally fit in here. We are for sure early risers in this house, but man oh man, isn't there such a thing as sleeping in at least one morning here and there?! Although, it was a great excuse to get up, eat breakfast and walk the pup before the temps really started to rise!

So, as we go into the next week when we are scheduled for our IVF transfer, I have to say that I think I have certainly hit the point where I can 100% say that I am ready to become a mom.  I know we experienced a much different time with hanging out with a 5 year old who is potty trained and has no limits really, but I have been around this little guy since the day he was born! It was the greatest experience to enjoy all he has grown up to be at this time in his life and one that I am excited to experience one day with my own little ones! With that said, thanks sis (an bro-in-law) for letting me kidnap your 1st born for so long. I know this was hard, if not harder on you at points. And thanks little man for spending an amazing 9 days with me and Uncle! You brought so much joy to the beginning of our summer and gave us great laughs and memories! We love you! I'm thinking next year it's off to some MLB games and maybe Disneyland! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...