My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Holy Hormones!

Everyone loves getting mail right?! Well, not bills or junk mail, but I love it when I am surprised by a card or something I ordered from Amazon. =)  Today however I was a little overwhelmed by the mail I received. In the past week we have decided to go ahead in the process of baby making by taking the route of IVF. So after a call and a payment equivalent to a small (ok, maybe a medium sized) purebred English bulldog, I received a Fed Ex package today. 


 I have to admit, my stomach twisted a bit.  There is nothing like opening a package to see packs of different needles and medication and know that within a week's time you will be taking said medication. My biggest fear...the shots! I would not say that I am a fear of needles kind of person, but the thought of me, or even scarier my husband, giving those shots makes my nerves jump a little.  I have to say, at this point I kind of feel like this kid in the picture!


You know that kid was thrilled to death (pun intended) to participate in such a monumental event, but that doesn't mean he isn't so nervous and scared that he didn't change the color of his pants either! I think the scariest part of this whole process is the not knowing...not knowing what we are getting ourselves into, not knowing how I am going to react to the meds (especially the hormones!), not knowing how bad these shots really are going to hurt, not knowing if this is going to lead to a little one or not.  We all have a fear of the unknown.  My friends who know me best would agree, I don't like going outside my comfort zone, acting outside the box, coloring outside the lines so to say. I am the kind of person who orders the same thing every single time I go out to eat...and why not?! If you know you like the turkey sandwich and broccoli cheese soup at Jason's Deli, then why not guarantee yourself a satisfying and worthwhile meal? ;) 

But sometimes life just requires it of you...to divert outside the city limits of Comfort. And ultimately that can lead to some of the best things in your life.  Here's to it, jumping in with both feet! And beware, I've been told my hormones will be on a bit of a roller coaster (HA, as if I wasn't already a basket case!). Can't wait to see what the bus to Crazytown looks like from this point of view!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...