My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Difference between Men and Women...

I have to say I have become so much more aware lately of what women go through in this world, especially when it comes to starting and taking care of a family, as opposed to men.  Mainly, this has come to the forefront of my mind because of the endless amounts of shots, medications, blood draws, appointments, etc. that I have had to undergo in just the past 2 months.  But I really became aware of this just this past week when my husband got sick. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my husband! He is the greatest husband and has been so amazing during this whole trying period.  But alas, I can't help but laugh at how hard this 6' 3" man's man "falls" so to speak when he is sick.  He isn't sick often, and hasn't been very sick in the last few years that we've been together beyond nasty sinus infections, but on Thursday he was struck with the stomach flu.  And wow, was I amazed at how the switch was hit and I all the sudden had a child in my midst.  =)



Don't feel like I am ripping on my hubby (ok, maybe just a little, lol!).  I was kind, gentle, caring and extra helpful during the 24-48 period that he wasn't feeling well.  He couldn't stop getting sick and by Thursday night had a 102* fever.  I really did feel bad for him and admit it was a little scary.  So he was in bed all day on Friday and by the time I came home from school on Friday, I could see he was feeling a little better.  Needless to say, we were very low key all day Saturday too just to make sure the flu had run it's course. Now, what brings me to my conclusion about how big of babies men are when they are sick...he kept complaining about back pain and making little moaning sounds when he got up.  I am sure I will get a lot of flack for being a little harsh, but I really feel like I have been through a ton physically lately, and I felt I kept my moaning to a minimum. I mean, after the retrieval on Tuesday, I couldn't believe how crazy painful the cramps were for nearly 6 days straight.

It is just funny how different men and women handle pain.  I have always heard that women  have a higher pain threshold, but I think it was evident to me for real this weekend.  =) In the end, we have both survived.  A bought of stomach flu gone and retrieval pain has passed.  This whole thought also got me thinking, what would men be like if they were the ones who had to carry the child? That is not the type of husband I think I would ever want to deal with.  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...