My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rumors

Working with teenagers definitely makes for interesting and very amusing days. The last 7 years have also completely confirmed that I could never be the type of person working closed up in a cubicle, doing the same thing day in and day out. 


With that being said, teenagers seem to think that because you're their teacher that they have rights to know about your personal life. The funny thing is, I find myself giving them more information than I even intend to (my 5th period thinks they could write a book about me). Seeing the same kids for an hour each day, and more if they think they really like you and tend to see your room as a place to come and hang out in before and after school, for 175+ days allows for them to really get to know you.  I sometimes think that I divulge a little too much to them at points, and it's amazing what they can get me talking about, but it really makes for funny conversations with these little people half my age.  This year my students have seem to become obsessed with my having a baby. This is the case so much so with one of my classes that they have even wanted to have a conversation about naming babies. "Miss, name your baby Luis," says Luis. 



You gotta love them. Well, in the past couple of days I have had to get blood drawn in the morning and that has caused me to get coverage for my class because I would be a little late for the start of class.  Of course, they are all dying to know, "Miss...why are you getting blood taken?" I told them that the doctors wanted to technically classify me as crazy/insane, but they didn't buy that.  Then three boys chimed in and made some off the wall comments.  I didn't understand what they were saying or getting at, and finally one boy says, "Well, we think it's because you're pregnant." They were so matter of fact.  I burst out laughing. Oh, gee if they really only knew huh?!  I told them I could guarantee I wasn't pregnant and had a couple girls ask if I was sure.  They are so funny.

Now this class thinks they know some secret.  LOL! I walked in today after fasting for the blood draw this morning and then grabbed a bag of Cheez-its to eat.  One of the boys told me I should watch what I eat because now I am eating for two.  They swear up and down I am keeping it from them.  I love their commitment to what they believe.  =) I keep asking them if they only think that because I have a gut.  Haha! Needless to say, it is amazing how these kids seem so enthralled with my life.  I find that I even happen to be a topic of some lunch conversations as a student walked in after lunch exclaiming, "Miss, you're pregnant?!"

I am hoping by the time that school starts in the fall I will finally be able to share some exciting news with them. Until then, I look forward to the last few weeks of school and to the many witty comments from my little "know it alls!" I might just start having some fun with them and give them some funny diagnoses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...