My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Monday, February 28, 2011

It's Everywhere.

You know how you learn a new word, or notice a new car, and then before you know it you see it everywhere? That's how I feel with infertility, hearing the word, knowing people who are experiencing it, all of that! I was watching Grey's Anatomy last week and Meredith, one of the main characters, is experiencing fertility issues. Reality TV is broaching the subject with Giuliana and Bill Rancic sharing their attempts and hard failures with the world (and I admire them for that!). These are just some of the shows where I have seen this issue brought up.  It's interesting to see how main stream pop culture is starting to acknowledge it.  I feel like infertility was that hush, hush topic that wasn't supposed to be talked about, but that mind set is changing. And I am grateful for that.  I think this is a hard experience to go through and to hear that others are going through it or have gone through it as well certainly takes away some of the odd or even negative stigma. Thank goodness for that! I'd hate to find myself going through this and really thinking I was all by myself. No wonder women for so long didn't talk about it.  No one would want to admit that the one thing that makes us women, giving life, is something we are struggling with or even can't do.  But I absolutely believe in power in numbers and talking about experiences, because that is the point when we hear that we are NOT the only ones single-handedly  going through something so hard to go through in the first place, let alone feeling like you are the only one. 

As hard as I know infertility is, I am grateful for those women that have come before me and barrelled through it to bring a baby (or two or three) into this world one way or another (and that means with fertility treatment or even beyond that with adoption). And more than anything, those who have shared with me, the world, whoever their experiences. I know this is a challenge in my life, but one I know I am having for a reason.  And for that alone, that is why I am choosing to share my experience to the world (or at least the 5 people who are following me...thanks by the way. ;) It's nice to know my venting is heard.). I hope that someone will see walk on through their experience knowing that they are not alone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of your courage in going through this, Michelle Diane. Writing through it is probably therapeutic for you as well. You are not alone in your adventure. By writing about it publicly and sharing it with the world, we are all experiencing this journey *with* you. Although I can't be physically next to you, please know that I am electronically by your side every step of the way.
    Lylas,
    Michelle Diane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...