My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

First time for everything

Well, a few weeks ago if anyone were to ask me if I have a blog, I  most likely would have said, "What"s that?" I am not what most would consider a "techie" kind of person.  Sure I can navigate the web, definitely log on to Facebook and occasionally buy a book online, but really that is the extent of it. But I have to say that recently I have had some exposure I guess you could say to the blogging world.  A friend made a recent declaration to start keeping her own blog, and after reading hers a few times, and starting to become familiar with some other blogs of similar interests, I had this feeling that I could do something like that. I know what you are thinking, "What could she have to say that would be interesting enough to share?" That's just it...I'm no one special. I am just a high school English teacher who has something witty or smart or even completely ridiculous things to say every once in a while to say. More than anything though, I am starting out on one of the most nerve-racking, most frightening, yet most exciting journeys I will ever experience (along with my adorable and loving husband) in my life...trying to conceive my first child.  Now if I have learned anything in the past 2 years of TTC, and really more in the past 6 months as I have been doing a ton more research (that is just funny in its own right...researching how to get pregnant! If I had a $1 for everytime I heard of someone who got pregnant without having to "try"...), it is that there are numerous amounts of women out there who are also experiencing problems getting pregnant. I am not trying to be an expert on this process (geez, if that were the case, I would essentially have a whole flock of kids by now, right?!), but I am willing to share my experiences along the way, the good, the bad and the ugly, with friends, family, and maybe the occasional stranger who stumbles upon this measly little blog.

So the purpose of my blog (and this first time experience of writing one) will be to track my first pregnancy and the journey it will take in getting there. My sister (my twin, older by 2 minutes who has two beautiful boys of her own), family, and friends have told me there is no greater experience than that of being pregnant and then being a mother. I will be there one day, and even if I have to get there through more modern techniques, it is the journey (feelings, thoughts, fears, joys, etc.) that I will put here in the most honest voice I can.

PS-I am an English teacher, but am the first to admit that I too make mistakes in spelling (as much as I try not to) and such, so if that is the case, please forgive me. Maybe this blogging thing will make me a better writer, spelling, and story teller along the way.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you started this--I'm following you! Keep up with your blogging goal- it was too much for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, seriously tears!!! I think that you are incredibly brave and courageous to share your journey with all of us. I believe that you will need a way to express yourself through this process and what better way then to write it down...believe me I know. I love to look back at my journals to remind me of how far I have come and what I had to go through to get to where I always wanted to be a mother. I know that your story will help other women who are engaging on the beginnings of their own journeys. Please know that you are never alone during this time...even when you feel hopeless!! Everything has a way of working out after 5 years of TTC I truly believe that :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...