My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Great Vanishing Act

I can't believe I haven't posted since October! Crazy.  But needless to say, it was a rough couple of months at the beginning.  I would say from the moment I hit about 5 weeks along, maybe just past that, I lost my relationship with food.  Yup, gone! I couldn't eat, couldn't smell food, think about food, nothing.  I did everything anyone told me.  Saltines right when I wake up, before I even got out of bed, the preggo pops, LOTS of water (that really just helped ease anything that actually came up...but I appreciated that!), almonds, ginger snaps, ginger ale (can't eat ginger anything now)...you name it, I tried it!  The one thing that seemed to work best, or at least in my head that I told myself was working was cereal.  Really sugary cereal.  Captain Crunch and Cocoa Puffs really.  I don't think I have ever eaten any of those growing up! It was funny.  Even if I did get sick off of either one, it didn't make me hate it after (like I pretty much did with anything else that proved "unsuccessful" in the long run). 

It is amazing how this pregnancy has finally taken a turn for the better.  Life is so amazing when you feel good.  The only thing that really gets me now is the heart burn.  I have never had it before, but it's amazing how quickly you can form a loving bond with Tums.  It was HORRIBLE the first week I really had it, so I tried Pepcid AC and that made me feel even more crappy.  So I have decided to just stick with the Tums.  They honestly seem to do their job, so I'll take that.

Today we are 22 weeks along.  It is crazy, amazing, astonishing...that we are this far along.  We have an appointment any where from every week to every two weeks.  We are seeing two doctors right now.  Our OB is amazing.  I LOVE her.  She is so caring, funny, and always knows how to say just the right thing.  And then we have our perinatalologist.  We see her because we are considered high risk with the twin and because apparently my cervix has issues (keeps adding to the list). It is very thin and so they have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't allow for preterm labor.  Typical me I guess! I wasn't sure about our perinatal doc, Dr. G, at first.  I didn't think she had a real great bed side manner, but by the 3rd appointment, I changed my mind.  She is great! And the office we see her in has the MOST amazing nurses and staff.  Since we go there every two weeks, it is wonderful how awesome the staff is!

The hubby comes to EVERY appointment with me now (because he missed two appointments for different reasons and those ended up being appointments where I got bad or unsettling news, so now he is mandated to attend every one!).  I am grateful to have him at every appointment.  He asks so many questions, ones I didn't even think of.  And plus, really if we are being honest, we will never go through this again.  I am pretty sure we are a one and done pregnancy family! He has been so wonderful to me.  I try not to be whiny too much, since we all know, I am not incapable of anything yet or to the point where I am too uncomfortable.  But even if we both just sit down or something I am make a big sigh, he'll ask what he can get me.  Usually it's the Tums and more water.  =)  Love that man!

My belly has finally "popped" so to speak.  I can't quite remember which week it really happened, but it seems like it was almost over night.  My goal is to finally post belly shots in order on here tomorrow! That should remind me when it happened.  My students are definitely fascinated with my growing belly. They can't believe how it seems to grow every day (really I just decided to wear loose or tight shirts and then it compounds the look even more, LOL!).

Another great thing about this pregnancy has been going through it with one of my best friends who is also pregnant! She is 10 weeks ahead of me, and has been such a great support.  People always gave us crap at work because we always seemed to dress similar and stuff, and now with both of us being preggos, they laugh.  This is baby #2 for her.  She already has the most amazing, loving son.  This pregnancy they decided not to find out the sex of the baby.  It's not driving her crazy, but it is certainly driving me crazy. I don't know how she does it!  I would  be dying to know and the fact that we could find out early on because of all the ultrasounds we have, you bet I wasn't going to dilly dank finding out!  I think it is a girl for her this time.  Either would be great, but then the boys could have a built in girlfriend.  =) Arranged marriages between friends could work, right?!  LOL! She had been such a great support and a great shoulder to lean on every day with this new and unknown experience.  Really, that is how all of my awesome friends have been, those with or without kids.  They have all been so supportive, helpful, comforting, and genuine.  I am SO BLESSED!

To top it off, there are a few other close friends who are pregnant right now too! They live far, but it is fun to talk every couple of days or weeks and find out how they are doing.  We do a lot of comparisons and it is fun and funny! I am so excited for them!  It will definitely be a baby-centered world for a lot of us in the next year.  However, I am sure how twin situation will be a little more unique.

So, some final updates on our two little men.  We just had an extensive appointment last Wednesday.  They are both weighing in at 1lb 2 oz.  They are measuring a couple days ahead of where they should be.  I'll take it! Keep growing big babies! I would rather have them come out weighing on the heavier side, since most babies tend to lose a little weight right after they are born.  The 4 chambers of their hearts look good, and they are MOVING fools!  The ultrasound tech was laughing at how Baby A wouldn't let her get a good shot of a couple of things.  I feel like we have already started to stereotype their personalities.  Baby A (Landon Douglas) seems to be our shy yet simple guy (except for this last appointment it seems).  Baby B (Parker Neal) seems to our trouble maker.  He always seems to be lining up to kick at his brother or give Mommy some worry at an ultrasound appointment for whatever reason.  But really, they are both my little loves! 

I am getting nervous, yet so very excited.  I know I have absolutely NO idea what I have gotten myself into, but I am as ready as I'll ever be.  Like I said, they have been kicking up a storm and it can now be felt on the outside.  On November 29, hubby and I were able to feel some kicking from the outside together, for the first time.  It was awesome!  We both couldn't stop laughing.  I was laying on my side in bed for the night and had my arm just resting on my belly. BAM! I felt something on my arm.  I had to think for a minute, did I really just feel that?! I must have, because I wouldn't  be able to feel a kick on the inside all the way up in my belly (let's just say it's hard to trust my brain at this point...pregnancy brain is SO real people!).  Then I had the hubby put his hand in the same spot.  BAM! There is was again.  He was in awe...and really so was I. And so it starts! They are moving all over the place and all the time it seems.  I know we are in for it, because that is all everyone keeps saying.  It's just going to escalate from here.  Well, bring it on!

Now that I feel like I have done some catching up, I think it is time to enjoy my first nap of winter break! Hopefully, now that I am feeling better and have a little more time on my hands (until my world drastically changes) I will update more frequently again! Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season and a Merry Christmas!


Officially growing! 20 weeks!


First posted belly pic! 18 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...