My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Blessings!







'Tis the season! Tomorrow is Christmas and I want to take a moment to just express my gratitude for all the blessings in my life. I am so blessed with amazing family. My parents have been rocks for us over the past year (really over the past 30 years for me!) and my in-laws have loved me from day one like I was their very own daughter! I could not be more blessed with the 4 parents that God has given me! Another blessing is my amazing husband. He has been the most amazing man: loving, caring, giving, helping, supporting, and beyond for the four years I have known him. This past year was our biggest test thus far in our relationship and it has made it all the much stronger! I am so excited to see him fulfill the daddy role I know he was made for! Lastly, the blessing of my sister, my brother-in-law, and my two amazing nephews. They have let me tag along with their family since day one (during my oh so long single days) and have allowed me to play such a role in my nephews lives. I am so grateful. I love the family that I am a part of and I am so fortunate that family does not end just there!

I have the most amazing friends to call family! There are those near and dear to me who I live so far away from, who I can call on at any moment of the day and they are there for me! Thank you friends! I love you!
And of course those I call my Vegas Family! Without my Vegas Family, I don't think the last 8 years would have been so amazing! It's funny how having certain people in your life can build one's family, and they don't even need to be blood related. LOL! I think about if we were all from the same DNA and that's just scary! ;)

Then there is the blessing of my children (of which at this point I count having 4)! I have the best fur babies the world could give. My kitty cat Neka has been with me since pretty much I struck out on my own away from home to Vegas and has given unconditional love (even if she doesn't come downstairs EVER in our house). And then there is my the pup who will forever have my heart. Daisy has shown the hubby and I what true love is and how a loyal dog really can be a child in a couples' life. She has taught us patience and love through all the stages of puppyhood and I truly believe prepared us for what is just around the corner.

And so that brings me to the two little blessings that are growing so rapidly within me! It took a lot to get to this point in my life, not just in the last year, but many years leading up to it and I really feel that now I understand why. I wasn't prepared before now to accept and be ready for the two little men that will soon fill my life and my home with love, laughter, and all the other great experiences motherhood brings! To be able to feel them moving around so much, and share that with the hubby (usually every night before we go to bed and I am being utilized like a world class punching bag) has been the most amazing experience. And as the kicks and jabs get stronger, I know so too do my little men. They have already blessed my life so much, through this experience of being pregnant, to sharing that experience with so many around me, that I am grateful.

So thank you God for all the blessings you have filled my life with. And to all of you who may be reading this, I hope your life is filled with many blessings as well. Merry Christmas all! Have a wonderful time with your family and friends and I look forward to a most amazing New Year for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...