My Family

My Family
Our family...of four! We are finally complete!

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Terrific Twos...at least we say that now!

I know I have said it before, but wow does time fly when you're having fun!! The boys turned two on Monday and what a wonderful couple of days leading up to it, and especially that day, was. We have been fortunate, being teachers, that we've had the last two weeks off for Spring Break and so we have really been able to enjoy our wild and rambunctious little dudes. The amount of talking and understandable words has increased what seems to be ten-fold and their little (or should I say sometimes very big) personalities have really flourished. My mom was here visiting too, and that made their birthday celebration all the better. We went to the zoo the day before and then surprised the boys with their very own train table (mommy was excited about that because it means less trips to Barnes and Noble to play with theirs, which means mommy spending less money on her book obsession!)!!!  We also had an awesome birthday lunch at Red Robin and the boys had their. Rey first ever ice cream sundaes. They couldn't get enough. They were practically licking the cups. It was great!!!

So who have these little dudes become? We spent their birthday morning at their 2 year well checkup. The doc called them rock stars and I completely agree! 😉 Both are healthy and happy and growing and growing beautifully. All things we LOVE to hear. And a note for each of my guys...

Landon,

My smiley, happy guy. You absolutely love to sing. You have for a long time but you just keep it up. You have found a new love for singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and have perfect the line from Old McDonald of "E-I-E-I-O" really hanging on that O!!! It cracks me up and just brings a smile to my face every time! You definitely are the big boy, weighing in at 27lbs and measuring 2' 11" you are wearing mostly 24 month and 2T clothing. The 18 month pants were really starting to become high waters and Daddy said I had to stop doing that to you. Hehe. You aren't very fond of fruits and veggies. Sometimes you'll eat them, most of the time you won't. You can't get enough PB&J sandwiches.  I am shocked when every once in a while you'll eat nearly a whole one all by yourself. You are my book worm. You could sit in a room of books and be the happiest kid in the world. And boy does that touch my heart. You really like reading Good Night Nevada, Barnyard Dance, and My Nose, My Toes and Me.

You are definitely are bruiser, in several ways. You are constantly trying to wrestle with your brother. I'm not even sure when it started, but you'll tackle him and just roll all over him. Most of the time you both are giggling, but sometimes you just tend to get on Brother's nerves. Haha. And although you have mastered the steps in out tri-level Colorado home, you over-excitement gets the best of you and you have taken a couple of pretty bad falls. Two recently have been face first, one resulting in a nastily little rug burn on your nose and another resulting in a gushing bloody nose and our first 911 call (ok, so maybe Mommy and Daddy panicked just a little)!  The big ladder fire truck came and so did an ambulance. You ended up being ok so we didn't have to take you to the hospital, but it gave us quite the scare.

You are so passionate and have no problems expressing your emotions, happy or sad, or angry which has really started to come out lately. I wouldn't call it the terrible twos, but tantrums have started a bit. For as much as I know you and your brother love each other, you guys can also fight with the best of them. I'm hoping it's just a phase. You are the sweetest little lover too. You have been really into hugs lately, and say Thank You for everything. You have mastered Excuse Me for those after meal moments when you're full, and are still very obsessed with airplanes, school buses, and trains anytime you see or hear them. Well, so does your brother. It's always an entertaining ride to he babysitter's house considering we must follow several school bus routes and live under a major flight path for two airports.

Lastly bubba, you never stop surprising us and making us laugh and smile. You are so eager and interested, to learn, take everything in. You have the greatest little wave and use your whole body when you do it, really bending over and getting into it. It cracks me up. Thank you Landon for bringing so much love and joy to my life. I never knew I could love as deeply and whole heartedly until you mad your brother came into my life two years ago!!!! I can't wait to see what the next year brings with you big boy!!! I love you.

Parker,

Oh Pee Wee. You are just too cute. You are weighing in at 24lbs and measuring 2' 8". It doesn't seem like a big difference from your brother, but it is definitely a viable contrast from your brother. You are finally into the 18 month clothes, although some of the pants need to be rolled up a little. Your blue eyes and blonde hair really set you apart from brother with his brown and brown. You still get referred to as the serious one, but we really see the little clown that you are more than the serious thinker! You have the greatest little smile where you don't show any teeth, but just kind of smirk. Gets me every time. You have started to pick up a love of singing as well, and are presently obsessed with the Frozen soundtrack, especially Let It Go and In Summer. You like to watch the videos of those so g's and clap feverishly and cheer when they finish. I call you my movie man. I am sure if I'd let you, you would sit and watch movies or cartoons all day. You just zone out (which is exactly why Mommy shuts off the tv every time). I do see some fun Mommy-Son movie dates in the future though. 😉

You are my adventurer in some ways more than your brother. You don't hesitate to climb up the jungle gym like bars at the park, love jumping off things, and enjoy hanging off the table letting your feet dangle. I have a feeling you'll love it when we out you in gymnastics class!  You also tend to be my adventurous eater. You love and I mean LOVE food!  All food, including veggies and fruit. You eat pickles, carrots, can't get enough of grapes.  You'll give almost any food item a try, which is funny because I was such a picky eater as a kid. I love watching you experiment and enjoy it.

You are so much like me. You will watch your brother do something the first time, and then based on his experience decide to join in, or opt out. I used to do the same thing with Auntie. Monkey see, monkey do...that's you. You love to dance. You're always moving and shaking. It is too cute. Music definitely gets to you. And you are my little biter (I'm happy to say it is getting better). If you are angry, boy howdy, watch out. You tend to want to bite in anger, especially when it comes to your brother. He likes to take stuff from you and that's how you think you should retaliate. We are working on that.

You love your Spider-Man car Mimi and Papa got you last fall and you really know how to move  around on it now.  You will race down our little cul-de-sac and turn around mad jam up some of the neighbors' driveways. You have mastered driving it and its fun to watch you. You and your brother are great sleepers (unless your sick or teething) but you love your night time routine. You have so much fun in your baths and then eagerly read a book and hop into bed. You are probably close to being out of your cribs, but Mommy more than Daddy is not ready to cut that cord yet. Hehe. Soon enough. You both love to be outside and can run and play for hours. I'm enjoying this part and I know we're all looking forward to warmer weather. Thank you little man for being a bright little ray of sunshine. Every time we walk up the stairs, I love how you still want to reach out and grab hold of one of my fingers with your little hands. Love you Pee Wee.

Well, now it's time for some pics. I am just so grateful and blessed and in love with my little family. I have the most amazing husband who is the best father in the world and two of the greatest kiddos any mom could want. I am so excited to see where the next year takes us (and physically I know, it will be back home to Nevada) but especially to see how these two little men grow even more.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...